Health Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil
Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects) Cannabidiol is a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments. Better known as CBD, it is one of the 104 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant, Cannabis sativa. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, and causes the sensation of getting “high” that’s often associated with marijuana. However, unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. This quality makes CBD an appealing option for those who are looking for relief from pain and other symptoms without the mind-altering effects of marijuana or certain pharmaceutical drugs. CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil. It’s gaining momentum in the health and wellness world, with some scientific studies confirming it may help treat a variety of ailments like chronic pain and anxiety.
- Pain Reliever – by using CBD you can manage chronic pain diseases like Arthritis by quick relief from inflammation and pain
- Reduce Anxiety and Depression – PTSD, Social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Reduce Acne – anti-inflammation properties, ability to reduce sebum production
- Improves Hearth Health – CBD oil can reduce artery blockage, reduce stress induce blood pressure. It may also reduce cholesterol.
- Promotes Bone Growth and Healing – ligands found in CBD Oil regulated bone mass
- May Lower Diabetes Risk – in one study nearly 5000 adult men and women, past and current marijuana users had lower fasting glucose and insulin levels (by 16%), lower waist circumference and BMI, lower insulin resistance (by 18%), and higher HDL.
- Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms – a combination of CBD and THC helped with muscle tightness, pain sleep disturbances, and bladder control in 189 people with sclerosis over 6 weeks.
- Calms Childhood Epilepsy – CBD has anti-seizure properties.
- Reduces Inflammation – it includes Chronic Inflammation, heart disease, cancer
- Fight Cancer – for research from American said that CBD can slow the growth and spread of cancer
- Improves Skin Conditions – CBD can be used topically to treat skin conditions like eczema by encouraging abnormal cell death, CBD also contains many nutrients like vitamin E that help improve and protect the skin.
- Increased Consciousness – CBD has an ability to regulate dopamine levels, to keep your focus. It enhances being conscious of surroundings and reduces physical pain reception. Additionally, it boosts cognition ability. The brain is working at optimal conditions avoiding mood swing, trauma, and anxiety.
- CBD Potentially Benefits Schizophrenia – CBD may be beneficial for preventing psychosis and reducing symptoms in schizophrenia. While the psychoactive THC in cannabis seems to trigger psychotic episodes, especially in those with schizophrenia, CBD has opposite, antipsychotic effects.
- CBD may protect Against Bacteria
- Has an Anti-Aging Effect – A study in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology found that CBD can help this process and keep the skin looking youthful. It is a powerful antioxidant helping skin to keep its elasticity.
- It can help you quit Smoking – base on the study of US National Library of Medicine, smokers were given an inhaler with oil and instructed to use it whenever they have the urge to smoke. By using the inhaler it reduces their strong craven for nicotine.
- Increases Sleep Longevity – Cannabis oil works by relaxing the mind and body and generating a lower energy level.
- Relieves Nausea – both intoxicant THC and non-intoxicant CBD helps to get rid of nausea.
- CBD for Pets – specifically for Cats and Dogs, it can help stop seizures in animals
Mild Side Effect:
- Dry Mouth
- Low Blood Pressure
- Nausea (this may be due to carrier oil used)
- Changes in appetite and/or weight
Credits to: Natural Health Remedies